Today, we can connect to anyone and everyone via our mobile phones. But, still, some of us face many issues while we try to make connections with our loved ones via a phone call or video call. The difference is actually created by a mobile operator and its services.
In India, we have many options when it comes to choosing the right mobile operator. We have several big players in the industry, but if you’re reading this article, you have tried a few connections and now wish to port to Airtel. The reasons are obvious. With Airtel, India’s fastest network, you’ll get to experience the best services. Also, the porting process of Airtel is extremely hassle-free, and you can get an Airtel connection in a matter of days. But, to move ahead and explain the process, you should be familiar with the term Mobile Number Portability.
Mobile Number Portability
Mobile Number Portability or MNP is the facility by which you can easily switch your mobile operator without changing your mobile number. Obviously, none of us can afford to change our numbers because it is already circulated. Before MNP was introduced, users had to get a new mobile number if they planned to switch mobile operators.
Moreover, many of you might be thinking that porting process takes a long time. But it is not true with Airtel porting facility and Airtel Thanks app. With the Thanks app, you can change your mobile operator quite easily and quickly.
Steps to port to Airtel using Airtel Thanks
1. Download the Airtel Thanks app on your smartphone.
- Sign up using your phone number. Now, an OTP will be generated, enter it and get inside.
- On the top left corner, you can see the ‘Port to Airtel’ option.
4. Click on that. Now, a new page will open.
- On step 1, choose your connection type- Prepaid or Postpaid.
- Next, add your contact details, and it will automatically fetch your mobile number.
- In step 3, provide your delivery address.
- Then, select a plan by clicking on ‘buy now’ and schedule your KYC pickup and SIM delivery.
- Share your unique port-in code, identify proof and address with an Airtel executive.
- After that, Airtel will take 48 hours to port your number from the current operator to Airtel as per the new TRAI guidelines.
And you’re done!
1. 24 hours home delivery + KYC- You don’t have to go anywhere, your Airtel executive will visit your home and collect all the necessary details for KYC.
- Same-day SIM delivery- Once the porting process has been completed, an executive will deliver your sim to your doorstep. You don’t have to wait for another day.
- Same-day SIM activation- You can also activate your SIM as soon as you get it as Airtel facilitates quick activation.ConclusionThe Airtel Thanks app is a one-stop destination for all your needs. From bill payments to MNP, from online recharge to processing transactions, it has got you covered! Airtel’s bill payment bank caters to all your recharge and online payment needs.